As real estate investors we don’t always make the right decisions… usually because we are scared! If you can relate to some of the stories in this episode of Missing Millions, I recommend you join us at one of our upcoming events! Patrick Francey and I are no stranger to making these mistakes but what sets us apart is we learn from our mistakes and then we share those lessons with our community. Enjoy the show and I hope to see you at an upcoming event.
As Peterborough’s leading property management company, we work very hard at Visture to ensure our clients are happy! That applies to our tenant clients who live in our amazing properties and also our landlord clients who own properties that we manage for them. Here’s a recent message received from one of our owner clients.
Yes, everything was received and is completely amazing. Both, Nina and I, are very impressed and thankful for everyone’s help. Please extend a great thank you to Chris and to the maintenance team. Of course, thank you to you and Mike for everything. I am very thankful to everyone involved as it looks amazing.
Definitely looks great, thanks again!
The Visture Promise
Visture Property Group is very unique. I encourage you to visit our website (Visture.ca) and read the About Us section. One thing we want to be clear about is our values. Visture Property Group is unique because we’re a family business that cares about its clients. We don’t buy into the old adage of ‘tenant and landlord’. We view our tenants as clients and treat them as such. Every client is VIP at Visture Property Group. The Visture promise is also one of our core values. Visit Visture.ca and watch the video about The Visture Promise.
Visture Property Group is growing very quickly and needs additional support.
We are searching for right candidate to join our dynamic team at Visture Property Group as a Property Management Assistant. The right candidate for this position will have very good written and oral English communication skills. You must have a positive attitude and be solutions focused for client happiness and business success. This role is very autonomous and will afford you plenty of flexibility. However, you must be a self-starter and eager to improve yourself. You must be a decisive individual that can review the facts and make a decision and is willing to learn from your and our mistakes.
We require approximately 30-40 hours a week of work. A driver’s license and a vehicle is required.
- You will manage and oversee other property management coordinators, property maintenance people, contractors, trades people and other suppliers to ensure the work gets done.
- You will spend much of your time on the phone coordinating with suppliers and clients so phone communication skills is important
- You will manage all incoming and outgoing email so being confident to craft emails from scratch (not templates) is important
- You will manage client files in our web-based business system www.buildium.com and www.podio.com
- You will manage apartment listing on web-based business systems like WordPress, Kijiji and other advertising platforms so being confident with these systems is key
- You will manage client files on Google Drive
- Although not critical a good general knowledge of accounting would be an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities for PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations
- Manage the email inbox
- Coordinate general contractor maintenance and repairs
- Follow up with clients on contractor maintenance and repairs
- Follow up on bills for contractor maintenance and repairs (2 strike rule)
- Manage mail & correspondence received
- Create procedures to manage day-to-day operations
- Manage Google Drive and documentation.
- Manage data in Property Management Software
Manage and oversee apartment marketing & sales
- Following the system developed by Visture, you will launch advertisements for apartment openings on Kijiji, WordPress and other websites
- Coordinate new client applications by phone to book meetings for the CEO
- Manage and coordinate apartment viewings, when apartments are available
- Create procedures to improve client sales
- Manage property management software (buildium.com), client documentation and client communications
- Work directly with the CEO and Managing Partner to manage and coordinate post on Facebook and wordpress blogs
- Register Financial transactions in Buildium
Manage & coordinate promotional activities and campaigns
- Purchase and coordinate welcome gift & welcome communications for new clients and follow up to ensure they have been properly received
- Purchase and coordinate birthday gifts and follow up to ensure they have been properly received
- Purchase and coordinate Christmas gifts and follow up to ensure they have been properly received
- Manage & coordinate special events such as BBQ
- Create procedures to ensure proper coordination of promotional campaigns
Also any other duties and responsibilities that arise from time to time
This is part 2 of Global News story regarding Peterborough’s major housing shortage. Click here for part 1.
In this segment Noor Ibrahim of Global News cites parking restrictions are just one of the many challenges that face real estate developers in their quest to add more inventory to the rental housing market. Chex Global News interviews two veteran real estate investors Jean-Guy Francoeur (CEO of Visture Property Group) and Michael Dominguez (member of REIN Canada) to get their thoughts on getting to a solution from a property management point of view in Peterborough Ontario.
Francoeur and Dominguez both hope they can play a role in creating closer working relationships with the city of Peterborough as everyone strives to find a better solution to ease the tight rental market.
Global News investigative reporter Noor Ibrahim recently reached out to Visture Property Group’s CEO Jean-Guy (JG) Francoeur for his thoughts on Peterborough’s housing shortage which is making it difficult for students, low income earners and the elderly to secure apartments in the city of Peterborough.
The question Jean-Guy (JG) Francoeur is focused on is “how can we help make this better” and the answer in his opinion lies within the working relationship between the city and real estate investors. A follow up story is currently in the works by Global News which will be published and released shortly.
Recently two self-described local celebrities Patrick McAuley and Mark Millions invited JG Francoeur on their podcast (Million + McAuley) to share some laughs and hopefully pass on some wisdom (hahaha, ya right).
You maybe interested to hear more about the co-founder of Visture Property Group which has recently expanded into a whole new business Urban Space. JG’s journey into entrepreneurship started when he was 18 years old and has been on going for over 15 years. Having published 4 books and built 6 different business, JG has been passionately leading the Urban Group of Companies (Urban Spa + Urban Space+ Escape Route Travel) with his wife and business partner Kerri Holley (Author of The Urban Woman) & Visture Property Group for the last 7 years.
Episode 47 the boys have International author and entrepreneur extraordinaire Jean-Guy (JG) Francoeur. Boys talk Peterborough business, the futurization of real estate, public speaking and the longest French word. Tune in!
FOLLOW JG on Social Media for more insights into business & real estate.
JG Francoeur, CEO of Visture Property Group is excited to announce a new online rent collection system that Visture will be using as one of the payment options that their valued tenants and clients can take advantage of.
This means that payments can now be automatically withdrawn from the client’s bank account instead of them manually processing the payments.
“This awesome benefit will be available to all clients in Visture properties located in Orillia, Peterborough and Hamilton.”
Most of the clients currently pay through check or email money transfer, which are both good options but with this new hassle free payment option, you no longer have to worry of missed payments and rent deadlines because you now have the convenience automatically paying your rent payments.
To set this up, you just have to get in touch with Visture’s Property Management Coordinators, this will not take long, just a few questions and validations from you and you can now enjoy the convenience of a hassle-free option of paying your rent every month.
Visture Property Group is launching a whole new property management platform in order to get us closer to our mission of Enriching Lives. With today’s advances in technology your smart phone can play a key role in your enjoyment of your living accommodations and we at Visture understand this.
Our new property management platform, Buildium, will allow you:
- To receive automatic rent receipts every month
- To view your payment history online
- To submit work requests online and track their progress (**COMING SOON**)
This is just the beginning of Visture’s commitment to enriching lives. More to come!
At Visture Property Group we always strive to innovate and add more value and service to our clients. Our mission is to enrich lives whether as property development or property management and with today’s technology focused world, there are a multitude of ways to enrich lives. As we enter 2019, Visture will now be offering our clients the ability to use Buildium.
What is Buildium and how exactly will it help you as a client? Tune in to the next video to find out…