At Visture Property Group, your living experience is critical to us. Noise transfer between units is always an interesting conundrum. The best option is to concrete the floors but that frankly is cost prohibitive because rental rates would need to double and that’s just crazy.
Therefore, we need to be more creative on elimination noise transfer and here’s what we do at Visture Property Group.
3 Part Noise Reduction Plan by Visture
- We insulate between floors. You would think this goes without saying but not all builders do this. We go above and beyond and insulate between floors.
- We install a premium, luxury underlay between the floor foundation and the flooring.
- At 304 Barrie Rd. and in the future we will continue to use a special Genie Clip system that is trusted by major brands of architects, builders and acoustical consultants worldwide.
The GenieClip RST (US Patent Number 7,895,803) is a molded rubber and steel isolation clip used to control sound and is designed to:
- Significantly improve low frequency sound control performance
- Substantially improve impact noise (IIC) and help stop sound through walls and floor/ceiling construction (STC)
- Allow for thinner and even no resilient mat used in certain floor/ceiling assemblies
- Substantially reduce costs and associated problems in wood truss floor/ceiling construction and still meet code for fire and sound control—great for apartment construction
- Be fast and easy to install
- No short-circuiting as is often the case with resilient channel